One of the most overwhelming situations to find yourself in is to walk into your house to discover flooding or extreme water damage to your treasured Nashville, Brentwood, or Franklin home. Luckily, your Tennessee homeowners insurance policy will cover most of the water damage – however preventative maintenance is definitely the preferred method of action versus having to repair after the fact.
At Johnston & Associates Insurance, we know you want to protect your Supremely-Important-Homestead. That’s why we’re offering these easy tips to help you prevent common causes of water damage:
· Water alarms are amazing, new, inexpensive devices that can save you tons of money if utilized properly. You can also get an automatic shut-off mechanism to stop the flow should a burst occur while you are asleep or out of town.
· Often water leaks occur when you are not at home. It is a good idea to only run you washing machine and dishwasher while you’re there.
· The simple practice of turning off your main water supply when you go on vacation could save you thousands in repairs to water-damaged floors, furniture, and cabinetry by ensuring a burst cannot occur.
· Ensure that your water pressure is not set too high. You can purchase a very inexpensive gauge, about six dollars, and it will test your pressure setting for you. Ideally you would have it set between 60 and 80 PSI.
· The hoses that come with your new appliances are not always the best. Be sure to check them. They should be replaced every three years, or even sooner if they are of the rubber variety. They are also available in preferred stainless steel.
· Keep an eye on your kitchen and bathroom tiles and be sure to repair any cracks that may occur. Re-grout when it is needed.
· Most people don’t look at the shingles on their roof very often, but you should. If you find that any are worn, curled up, or missing, replace them as soon as possible because otherwise they could be an entry point for water.
We hope these pointers will ensure your house stays nice and dry this year!
Please Contact Us!
At Johnston & Associates we work for you to make sure you've got the coverage you need, at the right price. We represent only A+ rated insurance carriers, each one competing for your business! So give us a call at 615-716-2123, send us a note at email@example.com today. We’d love to help you meet your goals - and protect what's important to you!
This is a comment from a satisfied Safeco client, just one of our many carriers:
Here’s what customers are saying about Safeco Insurance®
“Unfortunately, my wife and I recently had to file our first claim with Safeco in regards to water damage in our home. The adjuster assigned to our case/claim was Matthew. From the first time Matthew called me, he was extremely helpful and courteous. Honestly, before Matthew, Safeco was just another insurance provider, but now I am a huge fan of Safeco! Matthew is the kind of guy that makes a difference every day, even when no one is watching.”
J.H. in an email to Safeco