Full protection for your rental property.
Business Insurance Basics
General Liability Insurance
Commercial Real Estate/
Rental Property Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance
Bond Request Form
What Kind of Insurance Fits
Auto Repair Shop/Garage
Keepers Liability Insurance
Day Care Insurance
Tennessee Rental Property Insurance for Landlords
Brentwood, Nashville, Franklin & the surrounding Middle TN area
If you're a landlord, Johnston & Associates offers coverage to help protect your Tennessee rental properties. This coverage is similar to homeowners insurance, but it's tailored to meet your needs.
This coverage provides:
- Guaranteed replacement cost loss settlement for the dwelling. (With guaranteed replacement cost, the property will be covered in full if it's damaged or destroyed.)
- Replacement cost loss settlement for personal property. (Replacement cost is today's cost to replace the personal property with materials of like kind and quality.)
- Comprehensive coverage for the dwelling, other structures and personal property. (This provides protection against losses such as fires, lightning, windstorms or hail.)
- Premises liability protection for personal injury, bodily injury, property damage and medical payments.
Other Optional Coverages to Consider
Standard rental property protection can be expanded by adding an ensorsement to your policy. This optional coverage allows you to increase your policy limits even more for things like:
- Trees, shrubs, plants and lawns
- Debris removal
- Siding and/or roofing restoration coverage
- Fair rental value (If your tenant has to move out because of a loss, you will receive coverage for the lost rental income.)
- Payment for an automatic garage door opener
- Lock replacement after a loss
- Loss assessment (coverage is available if a housing association charges an assessment to members).
- Ordinance or law coverage
- Identity Recovery Coverage, including identity theft management services, expense reimbursement and fraud coverage.
Additional Coverages to Consider
Some other options to add to your policy to protect your property:
- Sewer or drain backup coverage
- Sinkhole coverage
- Flood coverage