Home Page


Home Insurance Auto Insurance Life Insurance Commercial Insurance

Renters Insurance
Protect your contents.

Personal Insurance

    Homeowners Insurance

    Home Insurance Basics 

    Flood Insurance

    Renters Insurance 

    Auto Insurance

    Auto Insurance Basics

    Motorcycle Insurance

    Classic Car Insurance

    Life Insurance

Business/Commercial Insurance 

Related Articles

     Protect Thy Stuff

     Want To Live Through A Tornado?


Tennessee Renters Insurance

Franklin, Brentwood, Nolensville & the surrounding Nashville, TN area.              

With renters insurance, you will be able to replace what is damaged or stolen.
Renters insurance covers your possessions against losses from fire or smoke, lightning, vandalism, theft, explosion, windstorm, and water damage from plumbing.  However, renters insurance does not cover floods, earthquakes or routine wear and tear.  You can, however, buy separate policies for flood and earthquake damage.

If you are forced out of your home because of a disaster your additional living expenses will be covered.

Renters insurance pays the reasonable additional costs of temporarily living away from your home if you can't live in it due to a fire, severe storm or other insured disaster.  It covers hotel bills, temporary rentals, restaurant meals and other living expenses incurred while your home is being rebuilt.  Coverage for additional living expenses differs from company to company.

Renters/apartment insurance also covers your responsibility to other people injured at your home or elsewhere by you, a family member or your pet and pays legal defense costs if you are taken to court.

Decide How Much Insurance You Need.

Add up the cost of everything you would want to replace if it were damaged or stolen.  This could also serve as the basis for an inventory that will make filing a claim easier.  For an inventory, also record model numbers, dates and places of purchase.  Take photographs or make a video of these items and place a copy of the inventory in safe place away form your home.

If you rent an apartment or house in Tennessee, you need insurance to protect your belongings.  This includes musical instruments, recording equipment, computers, antiques, guns, jewelry and other valuable collections.  While your landlord might have insurance, it only protects the building.  Your personal belongings are not covered under those policies. 




Join Our Newsletter Partners Program Refer A Friend Get A Quote
Johnston & Associates Insurance Quick Links
321 Billingsly Court, Suite 18
Franklin, TN 37067
Our Agency
Learning Center
Client Services
Get A Quote
Local Partners
Stay Connected!                                                                                                                                                          Home & Auto Insurance in Franklin, Tennessee
Facebook Google+ Blog RSS Feed Twitter LinkedIn